Saturday, August 1, 2009

All Work and No Paint

What a hectic time I'm having at the moment, haven't been here for so long almost forgot I had a blog to update. I have put my painting/drawing on hold for a while so I may be able to study at University. I don't know how much I will be able to put on hold, I will try to do some painting, maybe once a week.

Yes, I know, I'm crazy, but I have a plan. A long time ago in a land far far away, a little girl (we will call her Diana) decided she wanted to help people (why, we will never know). When she finished school and started working she decided to study Psychology by external studies. Of course, one thing led to another and she eventually settled down, got married and had children (so much for the studies or anything else after kids).

Like so many other plans that were made, started and never completed, this plan went along the wayside with the others.

Now that I have extra time on my hands (certainly not by choice), and the kids are able to function without me around 24/7, and because I am not feeling very motivated as I used to be with my painting and drawing, I have decided to go back and finish my studies. It's only been 20 something years, anyway, it's never too late to start something new and different in you life.

Here is the thing, because I am not as young as I used to be and because I haven't studied in many many years, I have to do a Tertiary Preparation Program so I can get good grades (like in school) before I can start studying a Bachelor of Science (Psychology) or Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) either one will do and I will be able to go on to do what it is I have always wanted to do, yes, I want to become an Art Therapist (big in the US not so big in Aus but hoping it will be).

Anyway, this is more typing I have done on here other than my assignments so I'm off. I will, of course, keep you updated with my busy little life (a lot busier than has been), and will keep this as a kind of journal for myself or anybody that can be bothered reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment